One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Of or associated with the underworld.
of hell, hellish, lower, nether, subterranean, underworldView synonyms
- ‘Similar key ingredients exist amongst various levels of thought on reincarnation, mainly Plutonian and Hindu, especially Ramanuja's ‘personal’ system.’
- ‘Damien picked his way through the corpse ridden Plutonian landscape.’
2Relating to the dwarf planet Pluto.
- ‘Adonis guessed that he was a Plutonian, because they were always the proudest, no matter what.’
- ‘Eventually, the astronauts re-establish communication having decided to continue on their Plutonian path.’
- ‘Our Plutonian scanners are picking up a distress signal in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.