One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Others married into the financial wealth of the City of London, allying the status of land with the new plutocratic wealth of finance.’
- ‘And when we consider the nation's current plutocratic and imperial trajectory, the prospects grow even more dim.’
- ‘England was the outstanding example in eighteenth-century Europe of a plutocratic society.’
- ‘These plutocratic measures thus effected a redistribution of wealth, long before the emergence of socialism.’
- ‘Democratic trade unions are more representative of society than the plutocratic command structures of private corporations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.