One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For three days the plunderers worked unhindered and carried away their booty in front of running cameras.’
- ‘Ultimately, when we talk about government, we are talking about a bunch of ignorant bullies, looters, and plunderers.’
- ‘In 1995 he was shown many of the same sculptures, but by then plunderers had cut them up to sell piece by piece on the antiquities market.’
- ‘While some objects can be recovered and have been, there is no reversing the damage inflicted on the ancient sites by the plunderers.’
- ‘When plunderers raided a merchant vessel at anchorage off Visakhapatnam in broad daylight, an armed boarding party of the Coast Guard swiftly responded to a distress signal and nabbed the fleeing pirates after a hot chase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.