One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ultimately, when we talk about government, we are talking about a bunch of ignorant bullies, looters, and plunderers.’
- ‘While some objects can be recovered and have been, there is no reversing the damage inflicted on the ancient sites by the plunderers.’
- ‘When plunderers raided a merchant vessel at anchorage off Visakhapatnam in broad daylight, an armed boarding party of the Coast Guard swiftly responded to a distress signal and nabbed the fleeing pirates after a hot chase.’
- ‘In 1995 he was shown many of the same sculptures, but by then plunderers had cut them up to sell piece by piece on the antiquities market.’
- ‘For three days the plunderers worked unhindered and carried away their booty in front of running cameras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.