One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See plumageusually in combination ‘a gray-plumaged bird’
- ‘Brightly plumaged, these jays range just north of the Mexican border, in areas such as Hidalgo County, Texas, home of sizable rattlers.’
- ‘The fowl path, which is a colourful mixture of local, brilliantly plumaged birds is an attractive spot for children.’
- ‘The cock is a most beautifully plumaged bird; the hen is coloured silver and brown and is almost as large as the cock.’
- ‘However, the most picturesque of all bee-eaters in the world is the crimson plumaged carmine bee-eater.’
- ‘We've heard it lots of times, and I've seen female, but not the male, the fully plumaged male, who'll be a very, very dark blue, with white wings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.