One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See plumageusually in combination ‘a gray-plumaged bird’
- ‘The fowl path, which is a colourful mixture of local, brilliantly plumaged birds is an attractive spot for children.’
- ‘The cock is a most beautifully plumaged bird; the hen is coloured silver and brown and is almost as large as the cock.’
- ‘We've heard it lots of times, and I've seen female, but not the male, the fully plumaged male, who'll be a very, very dark blue, with white wings.’
- ‘However, the most picturesque of all bee-eaters in the world is the crimson plumaged carmine bee-eater.’
- ‘Brightly plumaged, these jays range just north of the Mexican border, in areas such as Hidalgo County, Texas, home of sizable rattlers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.