One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘There are still a lot of Anglophiles around,’ one US radio plugger told me last week.’
- ‘With first-round pick Marcus Stroud expected to win a starting role, he provides a space plugger in the middle, which should allow Gary Walker more freedom to rush the passer.’
- ‘In America we've been paying for people to play our music on the radio and in the UK we have pluggers who get paid a lot to try and get the record on the radio.’
- ‘A former record plugger (his artists included Adam Ant and The Clash), policeman and now Vicar, these days he can add best-selling author to his CV.’
- ‘Her current boyfriend, Andy Hipkiss, is a record plugger for Warner Music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.