One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some of these coarsely plicated specimens have right central and anterior plicae bifurcated into two minor folds and have narrow secondary plicae in the interspaces of the left valves.’
- ‘A more detailed examination of the gastroesophageal junction often demonstrates the plicated area of the stomach.’
- ‘Considering that the original hasn't been seen in a year and three quarters, it looks more like he's plicated.’
- ‘From there, plication was continued toward the mid-axillary line, resulting in a large part of the plicated tissue being located in the central tendon.’
- ‘They are commonly formed by mantle extension and shrinkage, and in some cases, mantle bulging or bending results in formation of plicated shell folding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.