One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being easily bent; flexibility.‘an excellent combination of strength, pliability, and elasticity’
flexibility, pliancy, elasticity, whippiness, suppleness, malleability, plasticity, springiness, ductility, bendabilityView synonyms
- ‘Her work has a similar pliability and its good to see her work in a major competition even if it is a relatively uninspiring painting.’
- ‘Preferment should be based on merit and not pliability.’
- ‘It is also a useful barometer of the loyalty and pliability of Labour and Lib Dem back-benchers.’
- ‘Is this the unprincipled pliability I detest in the people I put up with at Rome?’
- ‘I'm just heating it to its point of pliability, rather than liquefying it all over again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.