A solid transparent plastic made of polymethyl methacrylate (the same material as perspex or Lucite)
- ‘The door to the small plexiglas room was opened.’
- ‘Although resembling a stone structure from the outside, from the interior the pyramid is seen to be constructed of translucent plexiglas panels over a wood framework.’
- ‘Special earplugs, plexiglas screens, and alternate seating arrangements are among the possible solutions.’
- ‘The abstract plexiglas etchings are composed of straight-edged shapes.’
- ‘Investigators have analyzed videos of vampire bats charging down plexiglas runways, and learned that they have evolved a novel running gait.’
1930s: from Greek plēxis percussion + glass.