One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Biotite shows the same pleochroism as in the granodiorite.’
- ‘These produced iolite gems with excellent transparency and pleochroism; they weighed 0.5, 1.0, and 1.49 carats.’
- ‘Optically, purple apatite commonly shows slight bluish to reddish pleochroism.’
- ‘Cordierite is often referred to as dichorite because of its strong pleochroism, which produces gemstones that appear to change shades of color, depending on the viewing angle.’
- ‘Biotite occurs as interstitial grains with strong pleochroism from light yellowish-green to dark brown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.