One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Biotite occurs as interstitial grains with strong pleochroism from light yellowish-green to dark brown.’
- ‘Optically, purple apatite commonly shows slight bluish to reddish pleochroism.’
- ‘Biotite shows the same pleochroism as in the granodiorite.’
- ‘These produced iolite gems with excellent transparency and pleochroism; they weighed 0.5, 1.0, and 1.49 carats.’
- ‘Cordierite is often referred to as dichorite because of its strong pleochroism, which produces gemstones that appear to change shades of color, depending on the viewing angle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.