One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Good Friday agreement's plebiscitary clauses in Northern Ireland are also rife with inflammatory possibilities, jeopardizing the losers' future.’
- ‘Watergate did nothing to change the plebiscitary nature of the presidency, in which the public's unrealistic expectations create tremendous pressures on presidents to deliver.’
- ‘Twentieth-century totalitarians - fascists and communists - felt constrained to bow toward popular sovereignty with plebiscitary forms.’
- ‘Furthermore, the plebiscitary presidency is dependent upon the creation of ‘spectacles’ that encourage awestruck citizens to become passive spectators rather than active participants in politics.’
- ‘Civil libertarians are decidedly a minority, yet their concerns were reflected in a way that suggests Congress is a less plebiscitary body than is usually supposed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.