One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Of course, the latter mostly applies to general plebby members of the public, but sometimes it happens to wildly popular pop groups, too.’
- ‘Where Mummy and Daddy used to live in very posh West of London, they had some rather plebby next door neighbours.’
- ‘I would have to study something plebby and lame.’
- ‘Well, okay, I'm still a plebby nobody, but a girl can dream.’
- ‘Eleven of the poor souls are to be discarded like crumpled tissue paper, the time-honoured public phone vote ensuring that one of their number is transported into the main house to meet their plebby new pals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.