One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a satisfying or appealing manner.‘the music has little depth, but is conveyed pleasingly’as submodifier ‘the concept is pleasingly simple’
- ‘The pleasingly majestic music score is nicely conveyed.’
- ‘It is the most pleasingly unconventional documentary portrait in recent memory.’
- ‘This group has lost none of its ability to deliver pleasingly catchy melodies.’
- ‘Nobody really knows how they got there, which, rather pleasingly, negates the need to read lots of tedious literature on the subject.’
- ‘The artist's motifs float pleasingly in fields of colour.’
- ‘The dressing tasted pleasingly of lemons and tahini.’
- ‘The room felt unfussy and pleasingly neutral, like a cross between a high-design airport lounge and a friendly neighbourhood cafe.’
- ‘The result is charming, melodic, and pleasingly original.’
- ‘The oysters are set in a pool of tomato-flavored butter that melts pleasingly into a portion of tangy coleslaw.’
- ‘I would run in place, taking special care to thrust my knees at least chest-high while swinging my arms in a pleasingly manly fashion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.