One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the name indicates, the Labor Committee is a special pleader.’
- ‘Unions are special pleaders; no one mistakes them for impartial observers or disinterested honest brokers.’
- ‘Meanwhile, a Washington Post editorial was fuming that Congress ‘caved in to the special pleaders.’’
- ‘That may or may not say something about English pleaders, English advocates, and English jurors.’
- ‘It is an attractive piece of special pleading - if you are the special pleader.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.