One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity or process of writing plays.
- ‘Entry-level playwriting texts always instruct neophytes to centre their dramas on key conflicts.’
- ‘So much had he not given up the novel that he transported it lock, stock, and barrel into his playwriting, long speeches and all.’
- ‘His work lies in the genre of Realism; a form of playwriting and producing that grew in the mid-twentieth century with playwrights like Arthur Miller and Eugene O'Neill.’
- ‘And she and Trista apparently both had appreciation for acting and playwriting.’
- ‘She is particularly interested in the ways in which advances in literacy and playwriting tended to coincide, and with how the former directly affected the discovery of possibilities in the latter.’
- ‘My wish to express a wider, considered, view of playwriting and dramaturgy probably just came across as arrogance.’
- ‘One might have expected these trends-which so powerfully enhanced the position of drama and playwriting by the end of the seventeenth century-to develop and continue.’
- ‘He excelled at improv, won two awards for playwriting and was class valedictorian.’
- ‘We've been talking about playwriting and all sorts of different literary movements.’
- ‘What did you attempt to impart to dramatists about playwriting at the National Playwrights Conference?’
- ‘Several of the authors advocate the use of narrative elements normally associated with novel writing and playwriting as a means of engaging readers in a story.’
- ‘Prolific playwriting genius Alan Ayckbourn has another of his creations on the Malvern stage next week.’
- ‘Prizes for fiction, playwriting, children's literature, short films and poetry will also be awarded.’
- ‘But perhaps I wish we had the talent that we have in fiction in playwriting, because I think our novelists are quite extraordinary.’
- ‘He was to boxing what Shakespeare was to playwriting.’
- ‘She also attended Yale Drama School for playwriting.’
- ‘As for the rewards of playwriting, we know little of Shakespeare's personal finances.’
- ‘Your musical theatre work is a neat combination of your acclaimed playwriting work and your scoring for theatre.’
- ‘Around 1900, the Vienna School of dramatists, led by Austrian playwright Arthur Schnitzler, created a new style of playwriting in Europe, featuring psychological drama.’
- ‘What follows is equally preposterous as therapy and as playwriting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.