One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a house that is set aside for children to play in.
- ‘There are rooms for all the kids, as well as a colourful playroom, large living and dining area and an office.’
- ‘She dialed the room number of the playroom and heard it ring three times before Gabe answered.’
- ‘Dating from 1860, the house in the centre of Wincanton was spacious, with attic playrooms, a terraced garden and vegetable plot, but demanded constant attention.’
- ‘Mrs. Newman slept in their old room and the twins had the other two rooms across the hall from the playroom.’
- ‘It has two reception rooms and six bedrooms as well as a billiard room, playroom and a wine cellar.’
- ‘Part of the ideology was communal education, in which children were brought up in separate children's houses with sleeping quarters, playrooms, and study rooms.’
- ‘As the oldest Wilson child is just five, the basement playroom and TV room were always going to be important.’
- ‘A corridor leads to the kitchen, dining room, playroom and bedroom.’
- ‘The filming takes place in the patient's room, in bed if necessary, or a playroom, the hallway or an empty room.’
- ‘The present owners use the bright attic room as a playroom, but it could also be used as an office or bedroom.’
- ‘Many of the cloakrooms have been turned into IT rooms and playrooms.’
- ‘The show at St George's Hall, Bradford, is set in a magical playroom in the attic of an old Victorian mansion.’
- ‘Brian continued to show Rebekah around pointing out bathrooms, sleeping quarters, classrooms and playrooms.’
- ‘Access to the playroom / family room is also obtained from the kitchen and this small room also has wooden floors.’
- ‘The private accommodation includes the four bedrooms, a playroom, kitchen and utility room.’
- ‘The lower ground level consists of a playroom, a storage room, walk-in hot press and a utility room with fitted presses.’
- ‘Off the kitchen is a tiled lobby, a utility room and the fifth reception room, a bright playroom at the front of the house.’
- ‘The school required nine classrooms, sleeping rooms, two playrooms, and a lunchroom, for a total of 18,000 square feet of space.’
- ‘Downstairs there were four rooms: a dining room, drawing room, playroom and kitchen.’
- ‘The fundraiser is over and the new playroom at the school was opened by President McAleese in April.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.