One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a house that is set aside for children to play in.
- ‘Access to the playroom / family room is also obtained from the kitchen and this small room also has wooden floors.’
- ‘Mrs. Newman slept in their old room and the twins had the other two rooms across the hall from the playroom.’
- ‘Off the kitchen is a tiled lobby, a utility room and the fifth reception room, a bright playroom at the front of the house.’
- ‘She dialed the room number of the playroom and heard it ring three times before Gabe answered.’
- ‘Part of the ideology was communal education, in which children were brought up in separate children's houses with sleeping quarters, playrooms, and study rooms.’
- ‘The private accommodation includes the four bedrooms, a playroom, kitchen and utility room.’
- ‘The show at St George's Hall, Bradford, is set in a magical playroom in the attic of an old Victorian mansion.’
- ‘It has two reception rooms and six bedrooms as well as a billiard room, playroom and a wine cellar.’
- ‘As the oldest Wilson child is just five, the basement playroom and TV room were always going to be important.’
- ‘Brian continued to show Rebekah around pointing out bathrooms, sleeping quarters, classrooms and playrooms.’
- ‘The lower ground level consists of a playroom, a storage room, walk-in hot press and a utility room with fitted presses.’
- ‘The school required nine classrooms, sleeping rooms, two playrooms, and a lunchroom, for a total of 18,000 square feet of space.’
- ‘The present owners use the bright attic room as a playroom, but it could also be used as an office or bedroom.’
- ‘There are rooms for all the kids, as well as a colourful playroom, large living and dining area and an office.’
- ‘Many of the cloakrooms have been turned into IT rooms and playrooms.’
- ‘Dating from 1860, the house in the centre of Wincanton was spacious, with attic playrooms, a terraced garden and vegetable plot, but demanded constant attention.’
- ‘Downstairs there were four rooms: a dining room, drawing room, playroom and kitchen.’
- ‘The filming takes place in the patient's room, in bed if necessary, or a playroom, the hallway or an empty room.’
- ‘A corridor leads to the kitchen, dining room, playroom and bedroom.’
- ‘The fundraiser is over and the new playroom at the school was opened by President McAleese in April.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.