One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a light-hearted manner.‘Lily laughed and playfully slapped him across the chest’
- ‘Watch how she playfully matches Astaire's footwork, much to his delight.’
- ‘The historical information the audience brings to the film is dissected playfully.’
- ‘The flies, despite their immobility, seem to dance playfully like marionettes on a stage.’
- ‘Her optically dazzling, playfully psychedelic paintings are open to the charge of being about nothing more than retinal pleasure.’
- ‘They are playfully bouncing in front of a large oval mirror, thrilled at their own reflections.’
- ‘The mural playfully contrasts with his more introspective recent works.’
- ‘Monkeys, with engagingly human faces, juggle playfully with oranges.’
- ‘The camera cuts to young Jason spinning playfully on the counter stool.’
- ‘An effective illusionistic device, the lattice seems to emanate from the center of the canvas, playfully lending the work a sense of depth.’
- ‘The house's spatial bounty playfully adjusts to the irregular topography of this Mexican city.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.