One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A date and time set by parents for children to play together.
- ‘I've never had a parent come up to me before a play date and say, ‘I want you to know that our daughter has a mother and a father.’’
- ‘I asked this kid's mother whether the little girl wants to have a play date with my daughter and she said no, she has to go to German lessons.’
- ‘We're having our first play date since Lice Fest 2004.’
- ‘That first year, 1995, written camp guidelines were sent to the children in advance, stressing that this was camp, not a play date.’
- ‘Busy parents hate getting word of a play date 15 minutes before you need a lift.’
- ‘Today was his turn to host Destiny and Brian's play date.’
- ‘Ellie was on a play date with a girl from her pre-school class.’
- ‘My parents were out of town for the day and Rick had a play date.’
- ‘My mom was like ‘let's set up a play date for you kids’ and I'm sure Chris went positively green, though it was dark out by that time.’
- ‘I'm actually taking Roman to that instead of Max, since Max already had a play date booked with a certain dark-haired elfin cutie.’
- ‘Tomorrow, get ready for a play date with Ludacris.’
- ‘We have a play date with our youngest grandchild, and we don't want to miss it.’
- ‘Saturday night we attended a dinner party at a friend's house and because they have a dog the exact color and size of Chuck we brought him along so that he could have a play date.’
- ‘A neighbor can volunteer to drive a child to soccer practice, or a weekly play date outside the home can be arranged, to allow the mother to rest.’
- ‘At the end of their play date, they had become good friends.’
- ‘Here are some ideas to get you started: Invite someone over for coffee; start a walking group or a book club; if you have children, set up a play date.’
- ‘Parents might also arrange for a play date at a familiar friend's home.’
- ‘She drops the kids off at school, hauls groceries at Shaw's Supermarket, and handles the play date and soccer game and breakfast-lunch-dinner regimen.’
- ‘Susan had a pre-set play date with some of her friends here at the park, and they were to meet in the playground under the monkey bars.’
- ‘The next day, I told him he couldn't go to nursery school or on his play date with his friend Luke, he would have to spend the day with the sitter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.