One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bed consisting of a mattress supported by a platform, which sometimes contains drawers for storage.
- ‘Some Cham, especially in Cambodia, have low platform beds.’
- ‘Upon entering these modest mud-brick homes, you'll find no tables or chairs - just a long platform bed, which sleeps a family of eight.’
- ‘Architect Clifford Welch designed Baltic birch platform beds and a run of countertops and cubbies for all the gear.’
- ‘Inside the roomy suite I find plenty of chengal wood and teak - flooring, big desk, chairs, platform bed - plus views from both the main room and terrace towards the South China Sea.’
- ‘Inside was the sleeping alcove with the big platform bed covered with a hessian bedspread decorated with wool tufts.’
- ‘Each with a platform bed, the yurtlets are void of furnishings, save for a clothesline and a few hooks to hang wet ski clothes.’
- ‘With a cool, spacious interior and its own shady stone porch, it makes a restful base (though with a platform bed and steep stairs, unsuitable for small children).’
- ‘He even milled trees from the property to build cabinets and furniture, such as platform beds, chairs and tables, based on Wright's angular designs.’
- ‘There, for about $70 a night, guests can doze off to the ocean's murmur in an a tarp-covered cabin frame with platform bed and electric light.’
- ‘The neutral-colored pillow shams and coverlet contrast with the white paisley duvet and make the king-size platform bed less imposing.’
- ‘With a start, Kris Connasa, Blair's younger brother, awoke from his slumber, hitting his head against the low ceiling above his platform bed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.