One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bed consisting of a mattress supported by a platform, which sometimes contains drawers for storage.
- ‘There, for about $70 a night, guests can doze off to the ocean's murmur in an a tarp-covered cabin frame with platform bed and electric light.’
- ‘With a start, Kris Connasa, Blair's younger brother, awoke from his slumber, hitting his head against the low ceiling above his platform bed.’
- ‘Some Cham, especially in Cambodia, have low platform beds.’
- ‘With a cool, spacious interior and its own shady stone porch, it makes a restful base (though with a platform bed and steep stairs, unsuitable for small children).’
- ‘The neutral-colored pillow shams and coverlet contrast with the white paisley duvet and make the king-size platform bed less imposing.’
- ‘Upon entering these modest mud-brick homes, you'll find no tables or chairs - just a long platform bed, which sleeps a family of eight.’
- ‘He even milled trees from the property to build cabinets and furniture, such as platform beds, chairs and tables, based on Wright's angular designs.’
- ‘Inside the roomy suite I find plenty of chengal wood and teak - flooring, big desk, chairs, platform bed - plus views from both the main room and terrace towards the South China Sea.’
- ‘Each with a platform bed, the yurtlets are void of furnishings, save for a clothesline and a few hooks to hang wet ski clothes.’
- ‘Inside was the sleeping alcove with the big platform bed covered with a hessian bedspread decorated with wool tufts.’
- ‘Architect Clifford Welch designed Baltic birch platform beds and a run of countertops and cubbies for all the gear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.