One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A moldable material that hardens to resemble wood and is used for filling cracks in wood.
- ‘Oh, the percussionist also played a whistle (you know, like a ref's whistle) and in the final movement the pianist and flautist played plastic wood blocks.’
- ‘Having a trademark look is not a bad thing, but the plastic wood, which would be fantastically realistic if the grain continued round the edges, just doesn't seem like a feature worth retaining.’
- ‘Bethany laid her head down on top the cool, plastic wood desk, her honey blonde hair falling around her face.’
- ‘Except that the big game was actually a small model of a sea serpent made of plastic wood attached to a 14-inch toy submarine!’
- ‘Made from 100 percent recycled plastic wood slats, the Trash Pro 10 is rustproof, fade resistant and maintenance free.’
- ‘The plastic is sent to Calgary to be made into plastic wood and decking, and the steel is sent to IPSCO to be made into pipe.’
- ‘Because I work with wood for a living I have to say they have done a good job of making real wood look like fake plastic wood by covering it with this durable polyester.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.