One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An explosive having the consistency of putty, capable of being shaped by hand.
- ‘The primer cord, a starter for plastic explosive, somehow ignited.’
- ‘Like many airports, Charles de Gaulle uses sniffer dogs to try to detect plastic explosives.’
- ‘The bombs used in the other explosions comprised C4 plastic explosive.’
- ‘When the authorities raided his office in 2002 they found $200,000 in cash, plastic explosive and a couple of grenades.’
- ‘One plastic explosive, for instance, vibrates at 800 gigahertz.’
- ‘The concrete block has been hollowed out and is packed with enough plastic explosives to kill us’
- ‘Pipe bombs and plastic explosive can both be quite small and easily concealed on a person's body or in a bag, he added.’
- ‘You can see a sheet of plastic explosive in the bottom.’
- ‘One was loaded with an M2 machine gun and another with plastic explosive, fuel oil and dynamite.’
- ‘They also found a pump action shotgun, a sub machine gun, thousands of rounds of ammunition, plastic explosive, home-made napalm and bomb making equipment.’
- ‘An FBI expert witness testified that there was enough plastic explosive hidden in his shoes to blow a large hole in the American Airlines plane.’
- ‘Traces of military plastic explosive, more deadly and efficient than commercial varieties, are understood to have been found in the debris of the wrecked Underground carriages and the bus.’
- ‘At 11.30 am on Tuesday, a piercing explosion rang out as the flares were destroyed five metres below the surface using P4 plastic explosive.’
- ‘The bags contain box cutters, liquid believed to be bleach, and a clay substance that resembled plastic explosive.’
- ‘In the 1970s and 1980s, plastic explosives became a favorite weapon of terrorists.’
- ‘The bomb in the vehicle was estimated at about 3-400 lb of plastic explosive.’
- ‘He also said he took some of these through the security screening on himself because he had reddish clay to simulate plastic explosive.’
- ‘One of the caches was huge, with a number of surface to air missiles, grenade launchers, a thousand pounds of plastic explosive and other munitions.’
- ‘Three minutes later, a machine that detects trace explosives showed a positive reading for Semtex, a volatile plastic explosive.’
- ‘Five separate bombs, containing hundreds of pounds of plastic explosive, were reportedly detonated by remote control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.