One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Subject to plasmolysis.
- ‘TBO staining of sections in epoxy resin of stage four nodosities induced by isolate SRU-1 showed that cells through which the stylet had passed were plasmolysed.’
- ‘In other experiments, we plasmolyzed cells in 50% saturated sucrose before microscopy.’
- ‘These cells also appeared to have their fluorescence emissions concentrated into a smaller area of the cell than was the case for cells with higher photosynthetic efficiencies, suggesting that they may have become plasmolysed.’
- ‘Cells were plasmolysed 30 min prior to observation.’
- ‘Orchid flowers are renowned for their longevity and remain open for several weeks during which time their cells constantly lose water to the atmosphere and may become plasmolysed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.