One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The inactive precursor of the enzyme plasmin, present in blood.
- ‘This is performed largely by the enzyme plasmin, generated from its inactive precursor, plasminogen.’
- ‘Within the fibrinolytic system, plasmin is generated from plasminogen by tissue plasminogen activator, which upon activation lyses fibrin clots.’
- ‘It produces an antifibrinolytic effect through the reversible blockade of lysine binding sites on plasminogen molecules.’
- ‘Tissue plasminogen activator and, to a lesser degree, urokinase are serine proteases which convert plasminogen to plasmin.’
- ‘The Borrelia need plasminogen from human blood to migrate to the tick's salivary glands and then infect the human.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.