A female expert in garden plants and gardening.
- ‘The daunting dimensions of her yard initially confounded even this inveterate plantswoman.’
- ‘They were landscaped by a well-known plantswoman.’
- ‘Her role as a plantswoman and operator of a garden nursery at Munstead Wood are fully documented in many of the biographies about her.’
- ‘A plantswoman's garden created over the past 12 years, it has roses, a pond, a rockery and herbaceous borders, all in less than one acre.’
- ‘Christian, fellow of the prestigious Linnean Society, is one such plantswoman.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.