One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female expert in garden plants and gardening.
- ‘The Miss Willmott in question, a reputedly formidable lady and keen plantswoman, sprinkled the seeds of the plant in the gardens she visited, unbeknown to the owners, who would later be surprised by its unscheduled appearance.’
- ‘The daunting dimensions of her yard initially confounded even this inveterate plantswoman.’
- ‘Veteran gardener, plantswoman, and native plant enthusiast, she has been growing her collection of more than 21 fern varieties for many years.’
- ‘Our greatest living plantswoman has created a seven-acre horticultural masterpiece, showing off plants for dry or damp areas, sun and shade.’
- ‘They were landscaped by a well-known plantswoman.’
- ‘A plantswoman's garden created over the past 12 years, it has roses, a pond, a rockery, and herbaceous borders, all in less than one acre.’
- ‘Her role as a plantswoman and operator of a garden nursery at Munstead Wood are fully documented in many of the biographies about her.’
- ‘Sally, a respected regional plantswoman (who even has plant hybrids named in her honor), has been growing specialty plants for the past 30 years.’
- ‘Christian, fellow of the prestigious Linnean Society, is one such plantswoman.’
- ‘A plantswoman's garden created over the past 12 years, it has roses, a pond, a rockery and herbaceous borders, all in less than one acre.’
- ‘She was a plantswoman, although not an avid plant collector, always choosing good plants carefully to give the effects she sought and to cover all the seasons.’
- ‘I can attest she is an ace plantswoman and a civilised lady.’
- ‘The celebrity lecturer this year is a well-known plantswoman and former chairman of the Hardy Plant Society.’
- ‘The daunting dimensions of the yard initially confounded even this inveterate plantswoman.’
- ‘In time, Lady Londonderry became a distinguished plantswoman, but she did have the benefit of some help, at one time employing no fewer than 60 ex-servicemen gardeners to turn her ideas into reality.’
- ‘He is far less familiar to audiences than the award-winning plantswoman and regular host of coverage from the Chelsea and Hampton Court Flower Shows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.