One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female expert in garden plants and gardening.
- ‘The daunting dimensions of the yard initially confounded even this inveterate plantswoman.’
- ‘He is far less familiar to audiences than the award-winning plantswoman and regular host of coverage from the Chelsea and Hampton Court Flower Shows.’
- ‘A plantswoman's garden created over the past 12 years, it has roses, a pond, a rockery, and herbaceous borders, all in less than one acre.’
- ‘Christian, fellow of the prestigious Linnean Society, is one such plantswoman.’
- ‘She was a plantswoman, although not an avid plant collector, always choosing good plants carefully to give the effects she sought and to cover all the seasons.’
- ‘The daunting dimensions of her yard initially confounded even this inveterate plantswoman.’
- ‘Our greatest living plantswoman has created a seven-acre horticultural masterpiece, showing off plants for dry or damp areas, sun and shade.’
- ‘The Miss Willmott in question, a reputedly formidable lady and keen plantswoman, sprinkled the seeds of the plant in the gardens she visited, unbeknown to the owners, who would later be surprised by its unscheduled appearance.’
- ‘They were landscaped by a well-known plantswoman.’
- ‘Her role as a plantswoman and operator of a garden nursery at Munstead Wood are fully documented in many of the biographies about her.’
- ‘Sally, a respected regional plantswoman (who even has plant hybrids named in her honor), has been growing specialty plants for the past 30 years.’
- ‘Veteran gardener, plantswoman, and native plant enthusiast, she has been growing her collection of more than 21 fern varieties for many years.’
- ‘In time, Lady Londonderry became a distinguished plantswoman, but she did have the benefit of some help, at one time employing no fewer than 60 ex-servicemen gardeners to turn her ideas into reality.’
- ‘I can attest she is an ace plantswoman and a civilised lady.’
- ‘The celebrity lecturer this year is a well-known plantswoman and former chairman of the Hardy Plant Society.’
- ‘A plantswoman's garden created over the past 12 years, it has roses, a pond, a rockery and herbaceous borders, all in less than one acre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.