Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A diagram or model that indicates the placement of retail products on shelves in order to maximize sales.
- ‘Through a subscription to Marketmax software, Lowe's national suppliers then can create planograms for aisles they control.’
- ‘E-mail can be used to communicate critical new item details, with links to a Web site showing new products in a planogram, configured to each store or cluster.’
- ‘They carry around batches of paper - building permits, store maps, planograms - and, with paper and pen, check off jobs completed.’
- ‘Each location is merchandised according to carefully designed planograms, with standards clearly defined in the Pioneer Merchandising Standards and Practices Guide.’
- ‘Detailed booklets called planograms, or ‘pogs’ in Dollar General parlance, have to be read and understood on the fly.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.