One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The marine life benefits from planktonic nutrients, which means the area is teeming with both Mediterranean and Atlantic species.’
- ‘The depth is recognized as that of the lower photic zone, the reproductive depth for planktonic foraminifera.’
- ‘They get their nutrition from planktonic organisms brought in on the sluggish tides where the caves connect with the ocean.’
- ‘As the eggs hatch, the larvae find themselves immersed in a bath of food: the water is bursting with millions of planktonic organisms.’
- ‘This bacterial strategy is reasonable, since the above-mentioned advantage would be lost if the planktonic cell had peritrichous flagella.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.