One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or in the form of a plane.‘planar surfaces’
flat, smooth, uniform, featureless, unbroken, undamaged, unwrinkledView synonyms
- ‘This contained work on planar and spherical trigonometry originally done much earlier in about 1464.’
- ‘Clearly the centroid of the planar region surrounded by the polygon is at point A.’
- ‘The resulting graph is planar, that is can be drawn in the plane without any edges crossing.’
- ‘We are trying to connect the houses to the utilities as a planar graph.’
- ‘He worked on and off throughout his career on mathematical logic, no surprise for a student of Bernays, and he did some early work on planar graphs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.