One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or in the form of a plane.‘planar surfaces’
flat, smooth, uniform, featureless, unbroken, undamaged, unwrinkledView synonyms
- ‘The resulting graph is planar, that is can be drawn in the plane without any edges crossing.’
- ‘This contained work on planar and spherical trigonometry originally done much earlier in about 1464.’
- ‘He worked on and off throughout his career on mathematical logic, no surprise for a student of Bernays, and he did some early work on planar graphs.’
- ‘We are trying to connect the houses to the utilities as a planar graph.’
- ‘Clearly the centroid of the planar region surrounded by the polygon is at point A.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.