Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A view of an object as projected onto a horizontal plane.
- ‘Not to mention, he should have had a map out showing the plan view of the airport.’
- ‘Protruding portions are formed on a surface of the pixel electrode in a scattered manner and the protruding portions have two or more kinds of shapes which are different from each other when the pixel electrodes are viewed in a plan view.’
- ‘An onboard monitor shows plan and cross-section views with color-coded existing and proposed grades, and a color-coded plan view allows the operator to see the existing ground as fill, grade, or cut.’
- ‘In plan view, South Ash Pasture is a linear, north-south-oriented exposure of gray mudstone approximately 76 m long by 18 m wide.’
- ‘An overhead plan view of the location of the camera, actors and light can be helpful if you know the location you are going to be working on.’
- ‘The important perspective for our study is the plan view of the disc.’
- ‘The linear depression extends almost continuously along the locus of pinch-out of the Messinian evaporites and exhibits a straight to undulating pattern in plan view.’
- ‘After the training exercise, once data acquisition has been completed, the application sends commands to the GIS, to execute Avenue scripts in order to display the trajectory on a plan view of the course.’
- ‘This methodology makes it possible to display the position and speed of a boat - or any mobile unit - on a computer screen, as well as the trajectory covered as seen on a plan view of the race.’
- ‘It showed a plan view of the entire yard and the surrounding space.’
- ‘In plan view from the top, the aperture and conduit would look like this.’
- ‘The output includes perspective views of the architectural spaces, showing luminance values, and plan views, showing work-plane illuminance values.’
- ‘Figure 4 shows a plan view of the first 200 meters of a 500-meter course, showing the trajectories traced by the canoeist (blue line) and kayaker (red line).’
- ‘Given a GPS input, the aircraft's position can be displayed on the plan view, and the taxi situational awareness display shows the aircraft's position on a geo-referenced airport drawing.’
- ‘That, in turn, is driven by digital terrain model and a plan view of the site, which automatically drives the grader, dozer, and hydraulics, bringing the site to grade automatically using the total station survey data.’
- ‘Below, we describe deformation of different domains of the models in plan view and in cross-sections.’
- ‘Once the position of the viewpoint is established it is possible to move to the next step, that of working out a plan view of the room and furniture.’
- ‘As an architect or building designer, it's easy to conceptualize a kitchen design in plan view.’
- ‘This artifact's ovular plan view and convex ventral surface indicate that it was made from a large frost potlid.’
- ‘In plan view, these mounds are circular, subcircular, linear, or highly irregular where they are sandwiched between adjacent mounds.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.