One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized program of measures to be taken in order to achieve a goal.
scheme, plan of action, idea, master plan, game plan, proposal, proposition, ploy, suggestion, project, programme, system, method, procedure, strategy, stratagem, formula, recipe, scenario, arrangement, schedule, agendaView synonyms
- ‘They have a common strategic aim but have no plan of action on the tactical level.’
- ‘The document, however, failed to detail any environmental goals or plan of attack.’
- ‘With respect to the forethought phase of self-regulation, the primary participants continued to set goals and devise plans of action for navigating their college-level courses.’
- ‘We spoke further and I think I helped to get him to think more positively about himself, and I helped him to formulate some basic plans of action that he needs to pursue in order to get his life back on track.’
- ‘He said that every company, regardless of what area it is in, should formulate a plan of action to deal with a crisis.’
- ‘These five goals were discussed to determine a plan of action to achieve them.’
- ‘We bring in a project manager with the expertise to assess the situation, formulate a plan of action, and get the project completed.’
- ‘Once you find a likely partner, formulate a plan of attack that includes long- and short-term goals you'd both like to accomplish in the gym.’
- ‘I am going to do some serious rethinking about my plan of attack regarding my diet and exercise program.’
- ‘We are going to meet today to decide a plan of action but we will organise a date for a public meeting at the end of August.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.