One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized program of measures to be taken in order to achieve a goal.
scheme, plan of action, idea, master plan, game plan, proposal, proposition, ploy, suggestion, project, programme, system, method, procedure, strategy, stratagem, formula, recipe, scenario, arrangement, schedule, agendaView synonyms
- ‘They have a common strategic aim but have no plan of action on the tactical level.’
- ‘We bring in a project manager with the expertise to assess the situation, formulate a plan of action, and get the project completed.’
- ‘I am going to do some serious rethinking about my plan of attack regarding my diet and exercise program.’
- ‘These five goals were discussed to determine a plan of action to achieve them.’
- ‘With respect to the forethought phase of self-regulation, the primary participants continued to set goals and devise plans of action for navigating their college-level courses.’
- ‘The document, however, failed to detail any environmental goals or plan of attack.’
- ‘We are going to meet today to decide a plan of action but we will organise a date for a public meeting at the end of August.’
- ‘He said that every company, regardless of what area it is in, should formulate a plan of action to deal with a crisis.’
- ‘Once you find a likely partner, formulate a plan of attack that includes long- and short-term goals you'd both like to accomplish in the gym.’
- ‘We spoke further and I think I helped to get him to think more positively about himself, and I helped him to formulate some basic plans of action that he needs to pursue in order to get his life back on track.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.