One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And when she is allowed to let go, her pleading is without plaintiveness, her passion brims over into compassion.’
- ‘The slight plaintiveness of this is underscored by the call to ‘get back to the issues.’’
- ‘Likewise, her voice has a matter-of-fact plaintiveness that defines, but can also box in, her performance.’
- ‘His presence resonates strongly on the album; his energy and rhythm permeate through the album's 11 tracks, underscoring the already moody screamo with an uncontrived sense of plaintiveness.’
- ‘Its sweeping soundscapes, rustic plaintiveness and nods to Curtis Mayfield all added up to a strangely uninvolving experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.