Text that is not computationally tagged, specially formatted, or written in code.
- ‘You should use the clear-text method of signing when you want to be able to copy-and-paste your signed message into or out of e-mail, or otherwise treat it as plaintext.’
- ‘However, the command and its format are much easier to remember, and since the output is plaintext instead of binary, it does not need to be encoded to send it as e-mail.’
- ‘A political party in Mexico wants an encryption key broken, because it believes that the resulting plaintext will embarrass the ruling party.’
- ‘This means that law enforcement could present decrypted plaintext in open court, but refuse to reveal to the defendant how that plaintext was obtained.’
- ‘The reports that the encryption didn't prevent them from obtaining the plaintext were erroneous.’
- ‘When all other messages are plaintext, a single encrypted message is easily spotted.’