One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We first fell in love with her pixieish charm when she was one half of the pop-rock duo the Murmurs, West Coast favorites with three albums to their credit.’
- ‘Her slight frame and elfin appearance suggested a coy, pixieish quality but her work revealed wit and tough-minded resourcefulness.’
- ‘She is now more pixieish than kittenish, which is part of what makes her so annoying.’
- ‘She was very cute, with an almost pixyish face and a mischievous smile evident even while she slept.’
- ‘Short and stocky, a shopworn wool sweater carelessly worn backwards on occasion, Bob displayed an almost pixyish quality that was only enhanced by his lilting, Gaelic turn of phrase and charming absent-mindedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.