Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A woman's short hairstyle in which the hair is cropped in layers, typically so as to create a slightly tousled effect.‘the pixie cut is becoming almost a signature look for all celebrities looking to revamp their image’→ pixie
- ‘Alyssa has delicate features and huge eyes which are played up with her short sculptured pixie crop.’
- ‘Even Demi Moore, who rocked the pixie cut in Ghost, now sports a poker-straight curtain.’
- ‘Use a little styling wax to add lift to pixie cuts.’
- ‘The fashion world has gone crazy for the new pixie crop look.’
- ‘She has a blond, bright pixie cut and blue eyes.’
- ‘I went in and asked for the pixie cut, the same one I've been getting for a little while now, and I think it's at its shortest yet.’
- ‘I have long wished that I could get away with a pixie cut.’
- ‘Not long before, I had cropped my long hair into a pixie cut, the first since fourth grade.’
- ‘I have more hair than I would've thought for a pixie cut, but I'll be able to figure it out better once I've washed it and styled it myself.’
- ‘My dirty-blond mop had become a trim black pixie cut, and I'd traded overalls for a diminutive miniskirt.’
- ‘She finished a client's pixie cut.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.