One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's short hairstyle in which the hair is cropped in layers, typically so as to create a slightly tousled effect.‘the pixie cut is becoming almost a signature look for all celebrities looking to revamp their image’
- ‘The fashion world has gone crazy for the new pixie crop look.’
- ‘Use a little styling wax to add lift to pixie cuts.’
- ‘I have long wished that I could get away with a pixie cut.’
- ‘I have more hair than I would've thought for a pixie cut, but I'll be able to figure it out better once I've washed it and styled it myself.’
- ‘Not long before, I had cropped my long hair into a pixie cut, the first since fourth grade.’
- ‘She has a blond, bright pixie cut and blue eyes.’
- ‘My dirty-blond mop had become a trim black pixie cut, and I'd traded overalls for a diminutive miniskirt.’
- ‘I went in and asked for the pixie cut, the same one I've been getting for a little while now, and I think it's at its shortest yet.’
- ‘She finished a client's pixie cut.’
- ‘Alyssa has delicate features and huge eyes which are played up with her short sculptured pixie crop.’
- ‘Even Demi Moore, who rocked the pixie cut in Ghost, now sports a poker-straight curtain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.