Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A minute area of illumination on a display screen, one of many from which an image is composed.
- ‘The image length in pixels multiplied by the width in pixels yields the total pixel count.’
- ‘It could be a one pixel by one pixel graphic the same color as the background.’
- ‘Detecting the various frequency bands for each pixel in an image can take hours.’
- ‘Use the tools on the left-hand side of your screen to edit these pixels and design your icon.’
- ‘These techniques work at the level of the pixels, the minute areas of illumination which make up images.’
1960s: abbreviation of picture element (compare with pix).
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.