One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Chavalit was ridiculed pitilessly in the domestic media.’
- ‘Our land, and all in it, would have been destroyed mercilessly, as pitilessly as a wild elephant in a lotus pond destroys all its flowers.’
- ‘Civil society is assaulted in the most criminal way by the most pitilessly reactionary force in the modern world.’
- ‘A war during which the allies had pitilessly bombed us and we had died like mosquitoes.’
- ‘The evidence of a wasted life is pitilessly clear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.