One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Civil society is assaulted in the most criminal way by the most pitilessly reactionary force in the modern world.’
- ‘Chavalit was ridiculed pitilessly in the domestic media.’
- ‘Our land, and all in it, would have been destroyed mercilessly, as pitilessly as a wild elephant in a lotus pond destroys all its flowers.’
- ‘The evidence of a wasted life is pitilessly clear.’
- ‘A war during which the allies had pitilessly bombed us and we had died like mosquitoes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.