One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He laughed at my pitifulness, the way I was cringing and crying.’
- ‘But a mob without any man at the head of it, is beneath pitifulness.’
- ‘I felt like shooting some photos early this morning, so I tiptoed into the yard and was really surprised to see how much color, how much nature exists in this pit of pitifulness.’
- ‘Worse than practicing bad journalism, Isaacson seems intent on achieving what can only be called a tour de force of pitifulness.’
- ‘Professional sport these days is a multi million-dollar industry, and Bangladesh's punch-drunk pitifulness has no place in the modern era, however harsh that assessment may be.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.