One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of golf played on a miniature course in which the green can be reached in one stroke from the tee.
- ‘Tom is a former keen sportsman, he played junior soccer and loved the game of pitch and putt.’
- ‘He died on Sunday pursuing his favourite pastime of pitch and putt on his local course where he was club chairman.’
- ‘We go somewhere all the time be it pitch and putt, swimming or bocce.’
- ‘So it's the weekend, and yet again we find ourselves on Sandwell Valley Park Farm golf course - this time for a bit of pitch and putt.’
- ‘He had played pitch and putt by then but, he admits, golf is an altogether different proposition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.