One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A venomous snake of a group distinguished by visible sensory pits on the head that can detect heat emitted by their prey. They are found in both America and Asia.
Subfamily Crotalinae, family Viperidae: numerous genera and species, including the rattlesnakes
- ‘Clark says timber rattlesnakes and other pit vipers may be the most social of all snakes.’
- ‘Madam Relena had returned to her couch and now sat imperiously in it watching Mark as a pit viper does its prey.’
- ‘They're even immune to the venom of rattlesnakes and other pit vipers.’
- ‘The bushmaster, at up to 10 feet long, is the world's largest pit viper and a dangerous one.’
- ‘First, it impersonates a pit viper, coiling and striking and hissing viciously.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.