One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See piston engine
- ‘It had become the railways last big piston-engined aircraft, outlasting both DC - 3s as well as its Convair cousin.’
- ‘By February 1999, the number of aeroplanes she refueled at Ondangwa has risen to 74 jets and 52 piston-engined aircraft per month.’
- ‘However, as time went by the piston-engined Trader started to become something of an antique.’
- ‘It heralded the advent of jet-propelled flight and the gradual demise of the piston-engined combat aircraft.’
- ‘Various German and Japanese automakers have built hydrogen-fueled piston-engined, and even rotary-powered cars in recent years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.