Portuguese term for hot chilies or the hot sauce made from them.
- ‘If an eye-watering piri-piri sauce is your idea of the ideal barbecue accompaniment, then go for white wines with a good dollop of grapey sweetness.’
- ‘I'm slightly tipsy and I have chicken grease and hot piri-piri sauce running down my face.’
- ‘While you can easily buy piri-piri, it is rewarding to make your own.’
- ‘Traditionally, piri-piri includes a splash of lemon and a hint of garlic with its roundup of herbs and spices; we're more generous with both in our version.’
- ‘An important seasoning is cumin; equally important is piri-piri, a hot red chili often used to season barbecued chicken.’
Ronga (a Bantu language of southern Mozambique), literally pepper.