One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘American directors (such as Raoul Walsh) sported piratical eye-patches and had difficulty with rolling tobacco.’
- ‘Napster thus couldn't plead ignorance of its users' piratical pastimes.’
- ‘But not just any ship, it needed to be fast enough to sail the seas undetected and yet fearsome enough to do justice to my stalwart piratical persona.’
- ‘Bronwyn is tall, blonde, willowy, already a great beauty, while Ian is darkly bearded, almost piratical.’
- ‘In those years the industry faced a piratical threat more serious than any before or - until recently - since.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.