One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A narrow, elongated, chiefly marine fish with segmented bony armor beneath the skin and a long tubular snout.
- ‘But Madagascar isn't entirely mantas and sharks, crabs and pipefish.’
- ‘Leafy seadragons are bony fish in the family Syngnathidae which includes seahorses and pipefishes.’
- ‘Genetic analysis of the gulf pipefish showed as many as four males being simultaneously ‘pregnant’ with eggs from the same female.’
- ‘Away from the reef are scattered rocks featuring small heads of coral; a great place for seahorses and ghost pipefishes.’
- ‘This approach has been successfully used in a sex-role reversed population of the broad-nosed pipefish, Syngnathus typhle.’
- ‘Do pipefish and seahorse males have complete confidence of paternity, as might be expected given their involved parental care?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.