A shallow-bodied, four-stringed Chinese lute.
- ‘The founder and musical director Khor Seng Chew emerged in music circles as the Malaysian national pipa champion, beating over 100 contestants.’
- ‘Since '96, Montreal has been home to Fang, her pipa (the Chinese lute) and the stack of awards and honours she picked up in her native China.’
- ‘If you wanna show off, then why don't you learn to play the pipa?’
- ‘Three of the most popular instruments are the two-string violin, the lute, and the pipa.’
- ‘Many Chinese people might have forgotten that pipa the traditional Chinese instrument, was actually introduced to China along the Silk Road.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.