Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A shallow-bodied, four-stringed Chinese lute.
- ‘Many Chinese people might have forgotten that pipa the traditional Chinese instrument, was actually introduced to China along the Silk Road.’
- ‘The founder and musical director Khor Seng Chew emerged in music circles as the Malaysian national pipa champion, beating over 100 contestants.’
- ‘Since '96, Montreal has been home to Fang, her pipa (the Chinese lute) and the stack of awards and honours she picked up in her native China.’
- ‘If you wanna show off, then why don't you learn to play the pipa?’
- ‘Three of the most popular instruments are the two-string violin, the lute, and the pipa.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.