One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small nematode worm which is an internal parasite of vertebrates.
Family Oxyuridae, class Phasmida, including Enterobius vermicularis (in humans) and Oxyuris equi (in horses)
- ‘When I checked it out, I knew right away they were pinworms.’
- ‘You can get pinworms by unknowingly swallowing microscopic pinworm eggs.’
- ‘If your child has ascariasis, she should be evaluated for other intestinal parasites, such as pinworm.’
- ‘Threadworms, or pinworms, are small intestinal worm parasites.’
- ‘Everyone in your house should take the drugs even if they do not have pinworms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.