Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small nematode worm that is an internal parasite of vertebrates.
- ‘If your child has ascariasis, she should be evaluated for other intestinal parasites, such as pinworm.’
- ‘You can get pinworms by unknowingly swallowing microscopic pinworm eggs.’
- ‘When I checked it out, I knew right away they were pinworms.’
- ‘Threadworms, or pinworms, are small intestinal worm parasites.’
- ‘Everyone in your house should take the drugs even if they do not have pinworms.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.