One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in sewing) a very narrow ornamental tuck.
- ‘Shadow work mixed with buckles, buttons on sleeves, texturing, edging, appliqué with distressed edges, crystals on laser work, zardozi, gota, pin-tucks, pleats, smocking, layers.’
- ‘I want to make a skirt that has rows of pin-tucks, arranged in groups of three.’
- ‘Heirloom sewers love light-weight linen because it shows up all the wonderful shirring, wing-needles work, and pin-tucks that they love.’
- ‘Pin-tucks embellish heirloom clothing and look complicated to sew.’
- ‘There were elements of transparency in acceptable proportions, in the garments which were interspersed with pin-tucks and pleats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.