One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medium-sized speckled variety of kidney bean.
- ‘They found that red beans ranked number one, followed by wild blueberries, red kidney beans, pinto beans, and cultivated blueberries.’
- ‘She dines on such delicacies as turkey a la king and ‘down home’ ham and pinto beans.’
- ‘In a published report, he concluded that ‘manure that contains either [antibiotic] should not be applied to sandy loam soil just before pinto beans, and possibly other seed legumes, are planted.’’
- ‘No matter where your tastes take you, serve the tostada with pinto beans and Mexican rice for a satisfying weeknight fiesta.’
- ‘Among your best bets are legumes such as chickpeas, pinto beans and lentils, which offer 5-7 fiber grams per half-cup serving.’
- ‘Some varieties, such as black and pinto beans, need only to be left on the plant until they've dried, usually when the plant has died.’
- ‘Rita snapped around when she heard shuffling in the pinto beans.’
- ‘We were handed a bowl containing a square of white-corn cornbread soaking up the bacon-flavored pinto bean broth along with a cup of sweet, fresh buttermilk.’
- ‘Foods that are high in fiber include black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans and many vegetables, such as broccoli and peas.’
- ‘There are pinto beans spiked with meaty bacon that just want a lick of salt.’
- ‘I went to make penne in vodka tomato sauce the other night and all I had was 1/2 box of whole wheat penne and a can of pinto beans.’
- ‘Legumes such as lentils, black-eyed peas, soybeans, chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, pinto beans and black beans are lowfat, filling and loaded with fiber, protein and carbs.’
- ‘I would like a steak burrito, no rice, pinto beans with sour cream and cheese, and a small coke.’
- ‘By 1981 the total irrigated acreage had increased to 40,000 acres, and crop diversification had added alfalfa, pinto beans, corn, and milo.’
- ‘To make sure you're getting enough, eat two to three daily servings of lean protein, like chicken, fish, lentils, and kidney, navy, cannellini, and pinto beans.’
- ‘Most entrées include a clay pot of aromatic, beer-marinated pinto beans laced with jalapeños, a decent scoop of tomato-touched white rice and shredded lettuce topped with pico de gallo.’
- ‘Kidney and pinto beans have 4-6 grams of fiber per half-cup.’
- ‘They served enchiladas, pinto beans, tossed salad, and fruit gelatin.’
- ‘Soy and pinto beans, walnuts, and flaxseed are good sources of PUFAs, as are vegetables such as leeks and purslane.’
- ‘They process corn, popcorn, soybeans, and wheat, as well as amaranth, millet and dry edible beans such as navy beans, black turtle beans, pinto beans and great northern beans.’
Early 20th century: pinto from pinto, because of the mottled seed of this variety of bean.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.