One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the last of the sun's rays glinted pinkly off the top of the eastern wall, the smell of a watery stew scented the area.’
- ‘When she opened the cupboard, Alvin saw the inch-high Tyrannosaurus erect and gaping pinkly among the mugs.’
- ‘His hands were broad and strong with fine, long fingers and, like me, he baked a nut brown under the summer sun until his fingernails glowed pinkly against his skin.’
- ‘The talking Magical Mecha Princess Ami doll glowed pinkly in the dim light.’
- ‘Almost constantly, the long tongue would loll pinkly from his jaws and lap at the bare, shiny patches of burnt skin that stretched across his torso and over one forearm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.