1Conjunctivitis in humans and some livestock.
- ‘Touching your eye with germy fingers is a great way to get a cold or nasty eye infection such as pink eye.’
- ‘So far I've managed to avoid getting pink eye and head lice.’
- ‘Four percent of patients who were on acne medication contracted pink eye, compared to 2 percent for the normal population.’
- ‘My daughter went to the doctor and was diagnosed with pink eye and a sinus infection.’
- ‘By her own admission, she's already given everyone pink eye.’
- ‘Normally, pink eye will go away on its own, but in severe cases people will need antibiotics or other medical treatment.’
- ‘I had drug-resistant pink eye in the spring, and it was hell.’
- ‘The daycare has gently reminded me that pink eye is a stay-at-home-sickness which usually lasts about a week.’
- ‘Symptoms of pink eye can include redness, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, itching of the eye, a gritty feeling in the eye, pain and increased tear production.’
- ‘The viruses that cause herpes and pink eye thrive on moist, inanimate objects - making a pot of lip gloss, foundation, or eye shadow a perfect breeding ground.’
2A viral disease of horses, symptoms of which include fever, spontaneous abortion, and redness of the eyes.
- ‘The horse disease known as "pink eye" has at last reached this city, and is causing the street railroad company especially a great deal of inconvenience.’
- ‘The medicine is successfully used with quick healing results for Pink Eye and conjunctivitis in horses and cattle.’
- ‘Pink eye in horses is more serious than in humans and can easily lead to blindness.’