Random noise having equal energy per octave, and so having more low-frequency components than white noise.
- ‘She wears headphones which play continuous white noise or pink noise.’
- ‘It also offers 100 Hz, 10 kHz, a sweep tone and pink noise.’
- ‘It features two synchable oscillators with sine, square and PWM waveforms, with white and pink noise also available.’
- ‘We ran one objective test - pink noise - during our analysis.’
- ‘We ran a pink noise test and took a pressure level measurement using a CEL 254 pressure level meter positioned at head-level.’