One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the Giro d'Italia) a pink jersey worn each day by the rider who is ahead on time over the whole race to that point, and presented to the rider with the shortest overall time at the finish of the race.‘the British cyclist will be wearing the pink jersey as he starts the next leg of the race on Sunday’
- ‘The 29-year-old Italian cyclist of the Index Alexia team retained the pink jersey of overall leader after coming third in the 19th leg.’
- ‘In 1952 he became the youngest man to wear la maglia rosa, or pink jersey, worn by the leader in the Giro.’
- ‘They are working together, clearly hoping that without the Pink Jersey on board they might be given more leeway.’
- ‘He could still defend his pink jersey in the Giro in May.’
- ‘German veteran Jens Heppner retained the overall leader's pink jersey for the seventh consecutive day by finishing in the peloton.’
- ‘Barring accident or illness, Simoni is almost guaranteed to pick up his second pink jersey, having also won the race in 2001.’
- ‘Rodriguez, who had worn the pink jersey for 10 days over the course of the race, ended the stage in 35:02.’
- ‘Garzelli's win in the 209 km ride from Cologne to Ans saw the Mapei rider take the leader's pink jersey.’
- ‘For the fans, Contador won the race last year and he wore the pink jersey in Milan.’
- ‘Giro d'Italia organizers are planning to present Michele Scarponi with the pink jersey as last year's champion.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.