nountrademark in US, informal
- another term for table tennis
- ‘We weren't any good at basketball and there were too many of us for racquetball or ping-pong.’
- ‘The local game of road tennis is a cross between ping-pong and lawn tennis.’
- ‘There is a Junior Clubhouse at the edge of a large grassy clearing and park area where they can play a game of ping-pong or just sit and talk.’
- ‘Abandoning ping-pong, Andrew became a sports agent and adopted Campbell as his client, or perhaps it was the other way round.’
- ‘Just another round of field hockey, shot put, or ping-pong at the Athens Olympics.’
Early 20th century: imitative of the sound of a paddle striking a ball.